20101222

Year Wrap up for 2010...

December 23rd, 2010...

Year Ending

For those of you who don't know (I didn't until the beginning of the week!); it's Christmas on Saturday and with this comes holidays!

With this in mind, after today I'll be updating the site until the New Year, but instead I'll be writing the book (Number 100), planning for other items from the list and training for a boxing match (Number 22) which will take place early next year.


The Year at a Glance

It's unbelievable to think what's happened in such a short space and it puts a big smile on my face to think how far the journey has come.

It started with me relocating to Geneva, Switzerland in January where I decided to base myself for 6 months in order to learn French (Number 46- Learn Another Language). 

Enrolling in French classes, I battled in a debutant class but i'd have to say that they worked; I can even talk with my Mum now (very basically mind you) and that was my original goal. While in Geneva I made some friend i'll know for life and even played a season of rugby (R.I.P Alesandro). In March I was asked one day to give my first motivational talk at the TNT Travel seminar in London where I decided to tick off Number 19- Break a Guinness World Record by crushing 24 eggs in 30 seconds with my big toes and this triggered 100Things to the next level- I even got an article written about me in China! 




After this in April, Honda and the Live Every Litre crew approached me and asked if i'd be interested in featuring in a documentary that they were filming about people following their dreams. This resulted in me galavanting around Europe with a film crew in tow through out June. Within the month I managed to attempt off 5 items and realised how fun making a documentary way.


After this rush, I went back to Geneva and met up for the second time with good friend and professional adventurer; Dave Cornthwaite. We had some time on our hands and so we set off an adventure to become to first people to stand-up paddle across Lake Geneva over 3 days. It was amazing as we completed Number 85- Go on an Adventure


Not quite done with long distance challenges I then met a bloke called Matty Southcombe who was such a good man that when I asked him if he'd like to walk across France with me (Number 36) he said YES! without a seconds delay!


We even found a trolley that we named Trojan along the way and with him we walked from Geneva on the French East border to la Rochelle on the Atlantic Ocean.

It was some time in July that a girl called Tara sent me an email from Canada saying that she'd like to help me tick off Number 23- Deliver a Baby inviting me to help deliver hers on August 8th. That was an offer I couldn't refuse and so I left Geneva for Canada. What happened next was incredible but you'll have to read the story.


With a whole new respect for women everywhere I then ventured down to San Diego where I having previously become an ordained wedding minister, I was invited to be the wedding celebrant at the wedding of Peter & Osamu. Having been married myself once before (to a stranger in Vegas- Number 3) I thought I was well prepared and the day rolled out smoothly. Congrats to the guys and thanks for allowing me tick off Number 27- Minister a Wedding.


It was my sister who was getting married next and with that I needed to fly back to Australia, but first I had to shoot down to Colombia in South America to attempt one of the scarier items from the list; Number 73- Get Shot Whilst Wearing a Bullet Poof Vest.


I'll never forget that moment, for many reasons, and soon after I flew back to Australia where the adventures have just continued. Amongst a motivational speaking tour, more items being ticked off, and realising that along the way we had raised over $16,000 for Camp Quality, the charity which I aiming to raise $100,000 for (Number 4 on the list), I can't help but sit here now and smile.


100Things has also managed to encourage many others to start writing down their own lists of things to do and I'm so happy to have a Campaigners Page of like-minded dream chasers growing every day. Check them out! 

2011 is already shaping up to be just as crazy with many bizarre items being prepared for as early as Januray so make sure you keep posted.

As for me, well courtesy of Random House approaching me to write a book, I'm typing away madly on my lap top about the journey so far. I think it could be fun!

Merry Christmas of course and when you celebrate New Years, remember to be ambitious with your resolutions; anything is possible once you're committed to it.

In fact, if you want to become a campaigner, please let me know! Check out the easy 1-step process HERE. I'd love to see your list!

If you have any questions, please just email me at seb@100things.com.au and remember that thanks to Tony at Victoria Promo, we now have '100Things' shirts, singlets and visors for sale! Again, just email me if you'd like something. 20% of sales will go to Camp Quality.


Can't wait for next year!

To look through recent blogs from throughout the year CLICK HERE.

100Things... What's on your list?

Northern Beaches Wedding Photography

Northern Beaches Wedding Photography
10% of fees go to CAMP QUALITY