20110428

Tara Veitch- Number 6 Bungy Jump:

On the morning of 23rd February 2011 myself and two guys from my tour signed up to do the Nevis Bungy Jump near Queenstown New Zealand. We went through all the safety procedures and then were taken out to the highwire platform which looks like a bigger stable version of the gondola that took us out. My ankles all strapped up and I'm ready for one last safety check and instruction, then up I get and the instructor leads me to the edge doing a little penguin shuffle all the while ACDC's “Highway to Hell” is playing in the background not sure how fitting that is considering I was about to throw myself off a ledge that was 134m off the ground!



The instructor says 4,3,2,1 have fun and I just tipped forward over the edge into a dive I gave a little yell the way down but my breath was taken away by the rush of going so fast towards the ground! I have had so many people ask me what it's like and I have trouble explaining it! Like no other feeling, I have never felt so alive!! Oh and after a big night out it was the perfect hangover cure! I definitely recommend to anyone who hasn't tried it to give it a go!

Northern Beaches Wedding Photography

Northern Beaches Wedding Photography
10% of fees go to CAMP QUALITY