20101030

Megsy Number 21- Make 1000 Paper Cranes

remember reading the story of Sadoko Sasaki years ago and the Japanese belief that if you make 1000 origami paper cranes, then you would be granted one wish. So, I set about doing this a few weeks back.  It took me two cranes before I didn't need the instructions anymore (I can't help but wonder how the first person discovered how to fold paper into this shape) and out of 1000 cranes, I only tore one. And so, after much folding and cutting paper to size, I finally finished my 1000th origami paper crane. I don't want to jinx it, so I'm not about to say what my one wish is, but you'll be the first to know when it comes true! 

 
 



My first paper crane...999 to go!
 



5 Minute Origami: Understatement of the year!!! It's taken me 5 weeks to make all 1000 paper cranes!
 




My 1000th paper crane :-)
 




Senbazuru Guru; #21 - Make 1000 Paper Cranes complete!

Northern Beaches Wedding Photography

Northern Beaches Wedding Photography
10% of fees go to CAMP QUALITY